The Public-Private Partnership organisations euRobotics and Big Data Value (BDVA) support the initiative to create an European AI platform and an AI ecosystem. Therefore, they join forces to support mobilising the European AI Community. All stakeholders interested in contributing to the future AI on-demand platform and ecosystem are welcome to join and contribute to a a workshop on Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 8:30 to 9:55, at the IJCAI 2018 Conference, at the Stockholmsmässan in Stockholm, Room K21 (https://www.ijcai-18.org).
- Harvesting vision and key ideas from the community to contribute to the future requirements of the European AI platform
- Contributing to community building towards a future European AI ecosystem.
Background of the workshop:
There is an initiative by the European Commission on “Building of a European AI on-demand platform” The main goal of this initiative is “to develop a European AI ecosystem bringing together the knowledge, algorithms, tools and resources available and making it a compelling solution for users, especially from non-tech sectors” and, in particular, to “mobilize the European AI community including researchers, businesses and start-ups to provide access to knowledge, algorithms and tools”. It is in the interest of the whole community to share ideas regarding the creation, operations and persistence of a European AI-on demand platform and the business ecosystem around it. This would allow the drafting on an initial and inclusive collection of views and could contribute to shape the future platform and the ecosystem.
Format of the workshop:
The workshop is organized as a panel discussion with introductory statements by panelists. We ask individuals who could represent a specific part of the community to be on the panel. The audience will also be involved in the discussion to get a broad view on the topic. The purpose of the introductory statements is to present ONE or TWO core ideas which are felt to be key to the European AI strategy success, The PPP associations BDVA and euRobotics will jointly moderate the workshop.
- Ana Garcia Robles (Secretary-General of BDVA)
- Reinhard Lafrenz (Secretary-General of euRobotics)
- Reinhard Lafrenz (Secretary General euRobotics)
- Laure Le Bars (President BDVA)
Panelists (please express your interest to be on the panel, see below):
- People interested in representing a sub-group of the community or specific aspects are invited to be part of a panel and give an introductory statement.
- In addition, a representative from Venture Capital will be invited
- Everyone interested in the future of European AI communities
- Please note that you need to have a valid registration to enter IJCAI premises. The cheapest one is an Industry Pass (US$ 100) valid for Wednesday only.
Expression of Interest to contribute:
Organizations interested in being part of the panel can send their EoI indicating their potential contribution to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 13 July with the following information:
- Name and affiliation
- ideally, also phone number (mobile)
- up to 2 core ideas (see above, please just keywords)
- Any other helpful information on what group of people and/or organization(s) you represent
Please note that in case of too many requests for seats on the panel, the assignment is done on a “First-come first served” basis.