12.11.2018 - 14.11.2018 | 08:00 - 18:00ICCR 2018: International Conference on Cloud and Robotics
Saint Quentin, France
International Conference on Cloud and Robotics
(ICCR 2018 – http://cloudrobotics.info)
November 12-14 2018 in Paris and Saint-Quentin
The 5th edition of the International Conference on Cloud and Robotics (ICCR 2018 - http://cloudrobotics.info) will be held on November 12-14 2018 in Paris and Saint-Quentin, France. The conference is a co-event with GDR ALROB and the industry exposition Robonumerique (http://www.robonumerique.fr).
The domain of cloud robotics aims to converge robots with computation, storage and communication resources provided by the cloud. The cloud may complement robotic resources in several ways, including crowd-sourcing knowledge databases, context information, computational offloading or data-intensive information processing for artificial intelligence. Today, the paradigms of cloud/fog/edge computing propose software architecture solutions for robots to share computations or offload them to ambient and networked resources. Yet, combining distant computations with the real time constraints of robotics is very challenging. As the challenges in this domain are multi-disciplinary and similar in other research areas, Cloud Robotics aims at building bridges among experts from academia and industry working in different fields, such as robotics, cyber-physical systems, automotive, aerospace, machine learning, artificial intelligence, software architecture, big data analytics, Internet-of-Things, networked control and distributed cloud systems.
The conference is organizing two special sessions: one on Robotics in Agriculture, as well as one industry session.
- Philippe Merle, Inria permanent researcher, Spirals research team, Inria Lille - Nord Europe, France
- Frédéric COLLEDANI, Robotics Project Development, CEA-LIST, France
- Eric Lucet, Research Engineer, CEA-LIST, France
Topics of interest include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Architectures and middleware solutions for cyber-physical systems, integrating the IoT, the cloud/fog/edge with robots and other actuators.
- Software engineering practices for networked robotic and cyber-physical systems.
- Domain Specific Languages for cloud robotics and cyber-physical systems.
- Tele-robotic systems.
- Multi-robot coordination and orchestration.
- Cloud/Fog/Edge-based control systems, possibly using deterministic wireless or wired networking.
- Networked control with application to cloud/fog/edge robotic and cyber-physical systems.
- Computational offloading and load balancing in robotics.
- Distributed sensing, planning and actuation.
- Distributed sensor fusion for improved control policies.
- Self-adaptive networked cyber-physical and robotic systems.
- Cloud-supported collective knowledge and parameter sharing between actuation systems.
- Transfer and shared learning between tasks or across robotic systems.
- Hands-on experiences and use cases in the fields of manufacturing, Industry 4.0, healthcare, active assisted living, logistics and transportation, security and surveillance, precision agriculture, smart grids, smart cities and others.
Three categories of submissions are solicited:
- full papers, presenting research results, limited to 6 pages in 2-column conference paper format
- application papers (short papers 2-4 pages), presenting lessons learnt during practical field trials and/or with commercial applications in the domain of cloud robotics and cyber-physical systems
- presentations, expressing industry viewpoints and requirements that may help in shaping future research agenda. Prospective presenters should submit a short abstract describing the content of their presentation
Full paper submission deadline: October 22, 2018
Author notification: October 29, 2018
Camera ready: November 6, 2018
General Chairs & Contacts:
General Chair：Jacques Malenfant, Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7606 LIP6, France
Program Chair：Huaxi (Yulin) Zhang, University of Picardie Jules Verne, France
Working session chair of “Robotics in Agriculture”：Roland Lenain, Irstea, France
Local Chair：Emmanuel Bellenger, University of Picardie Jules Verne, France
Margot Burident, University of Picardie Jules Verne, France
Industry Chair：Lei ZHANG, Northeastern University, China
University of Picardie Jules Verne
Place La Fayette
02100 Saint Quentin
|This conference,in french,will present the topic of Cobotics with exchanges on the state of innovation and examples of applications.|
This conference is intended for all industrialists wishing to know more about cobotics.
VILESTA, CCI de l'Ardèche, Coboteam
Technosite de Valence
Rue Barthélémy de Laffemas 26
The ViBOT research team and the Masters International Programme in Vision & Robotics will open their robotics laboratory to the public.
Our fleet of robots will be on display : Indoor and Outdoor Mobile Ground robots, Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle and NAO Humanoid.
Research applications such as Polarization Imaging and Precision Agriculture will be also presented.
Public, All ages
ViBOT : CNRS ERL 6000 Laboratory / Erasmus Mundus Masters in VIsion & roBOTics
Centre Universitaire Condorcet - Plateau Robotique
Avenue de l'Europe 720
71200 LE CREUSOT
Event for education: We will expose on the one hand our school packages: cell YuMi and a cell with an IRB120 and, on the other hand, we will show all the training that we offer within our training center in Cergy for our customers and future customers.
Badges request : https://www.educatec-educatice.com/preinscription.html
Exhibition reserved only for professionnals
School officials and teachers, HR of industrial companies
ABB France; Division Robotics & Motion
+ 33 6 71 60 55 52
Palais des Expositions
Porte de Versailles, Pavillon 7.2 Booth number: K22