The European Robotics Forum 2019 (ERF2019), the most influential meeting of the robotics community in Europe, will be held in Bucharest, Romania, on 20-22 March 2019. About 1000 European robotics top experts are expected to attend the conference. Under the theme "Robots for humans – AI in the real world", ERF2019 covers all aspects and current themes related to the field of robotics. Researchers, engineers, managers, and a growing number of entrepreneurs, business people, and public funding officers from all over Europe come together to discuss technology push and market pull and how innovation in robotics can be accelerated.
To submit a workshop proposal, fill in the online application form:
prior to the deadline of 19 October 2018!
This year, we ask the community to submit workshop proposals to address pre-defined as well as open topics.
Please note that we will ask organizers of workshops with similar topics to merge the workshops.
For the next ERF we are emphasizing the following topic areas:
- Creation of business ecosystems which integrate Robotics, AI, Big Data, IoT, ...
- End User needs in B2B environments
- Progress in the lighthouse initiatives in the selected Priority Areas (Healthcare, Inspection and Maintenance of Infrastructure, Agri-Food, Agile Production)
- Networks of Digital Innovation Hubs: Setup, expectations from initiatives and potential users, services, interaction between the different Priority Areas
- Robot Autonomy: World perception and task / goal oriented interaction
Besides that, we're looking forward to receiving proposals addressing:
- Technology areas including SW architectures, world modeling, HRI for complex tasks, safety for cooperation, manipulators, mechatronics, control, etc. and application domains
- Best practice and standardization
- Robotics and Policy (e.g. innovation policy)
- Ethical issues, future of work, legislation, etc. (liability, use of robotics in public areas or consumer markets)
- Skills and Education
- Networking sessions with new formats addressing specific stakeholder groups
- Financing concepts for innovation activities including possibilities for start-ups, venture capital
Keep in mind that this is not yet another scientific conference, but a networking and working event. Your contributions with workshops/sessions should:
- be interactive in style and support in depth discussion of topics
- allow a balanced representation of industrial and academic contributors, and involve end-users, representatives of finance, policy, etc. as appropriate
- identify the potential of robotics applications for business, creation of jobs, and meeting societal needs
- share the state of the art and explain most recent breakthroughs in applications (from agricultural robots to health services)
- open up new robotic business potentials, including those through the establishment of spin-offs
- network with ongoing initiatives in robotics within Europe
- support the opinion of the European Commission and other national and regional funding about European robotics.
After its start in San Sebastian in 2010, The European Robotics Forums has become quickly the most popular and influential robotics networking event in Europe. The European Robotics Forum is organised by euRobotics under SPARC, the Public-Private partnership for Robotics in Europe. ERF2019 is hosted by E-Civis Association, under the patronage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with Polyethnic University of Bucharest and the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics (University of Bucharest).
For more information, please have a regular look at: www.eu-robotics.net/robotics_forum