The European Robotics Forum 2021 will take place virtually, currently planned for 13/15 April 2021.
The European Robotics Forum is a gathering of representatives of all European robotics stakeholders from industry, research, academia, as well as public and private investors. It aims at facilitating networking between these groups through plenaries, sessions, and workshops.
The euRobotics Technology Transfer Award, now in its 17th edition, is seen as one of the event’s most prominent activities.
Successful technology transfer describes the process of converting scientific findings from research laboratories into innovative products, processes, and services by the commercial sector.
Outstanding examples of technology transfer in robot technology and automation that result from cooperative efforts between research and industry are eligible for the prize. The three most outstanding examples of technology transfer will receive signed certificates. The event will be highly visible.
Who is invited to participate?
Applications are invited from individuals or teams from:
- Industry, if technology transfer has taken place in Europe.
- Universities, research organizations, or laboratories located in Europe.
A team may be represented by up to three members (individuals) in the application
Applications may address, but are not limited to the following areas of robot automation:
- Robot application: Solutions of robot automation are sought, which have contributed to cutting costs, raising quality, enhancing productivity, or saving of valuable resources or have led to a reduction of physical labour at the workplace.
- Robot development: Research results which have contributed to an innovative and competitive robot system (in any robotics application field).
- Development of robot components: Results leading to new or improved methods or components which contribute to robot safety, flexibility, intelligence, operation, acceptance or servicing of robot systems.
The project must be completed by the application date or no more than 24 months prior to the application date. Should submitted applications not come up to the required standards of excellence no prize will be awarded.
Application - max. 6 pages
The written application should include a summary of the project and its technology transfer not exceeding six pages, setting out:
- Project title
- Participants and brief information about their organization
- Motivation and goals of research and development efforts
- State of the art
- Project approach
- Results of research and development
- Achieved innovation and commercial impact
- Handling of intellectual property rights and commercialization
- Cooperation between research and industry with benefit for the partners
Furthermore, an annex (e.g. project reports, publications, video, dissertation, etc.) may be provided to additionally evidence the project’s soundness and impact.
Deadline - 29 January 2021
The complete application should be sent to Werner.Kraus@ipa.fraunhofer.de by Friday, 29 January 2021.
Submitted applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of members from industry and academia/research. The finalists will be informed at least three weeks prior to the award ceremony.
The presentations and the ceremony for the euRobotics Technology Transfer Award 2021 will take place virtually at ERF2021. In a “Technology Transfer Session”, each finalist will have the chance to present their project. Based on both the written application and the presentation, the jury will determine the winners who will be announced during the Award Ceremony.
Please send your application by email to:
Dr. Werner Kraus
70569 Stuttgart, Germany